Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Monkey Business

I discovered a great idea from another mommy blog that I follow.  "Monkey Trays"  These are trays of assorted healthy snacks to have available during 'school' time.  It has made a world of difference to the 'grumpies' that tend to follow during school time.  The other blog site had WAY better looking money trays than mine, but it's something!




During the 'too hot to do anything' days of school, the kiddos stayed inside all day, which isn't ideal when the sun is out.  But not to fear!  There are things we can do indoors too!  Like creating a car city.  This is usually an activity saved for rainy days, but the heat caused us to bring it out today.  This is a big hit with my kids.  They love when I do this and it's REALLY easy.  All you need is some masking tape and your imagination.


Car city!

This was a treat I saved for after school was over.  And it got me to thinking...how long do other's homeschool their children for?  I'm just schooling my DS who is 6 so I limit school time to only a couple of hours because that just seems to be his limit.  We cover math, reading, writing, science and social studies this year.  But yesterday DS finished his work after only an hour!  But he was really focused and seemed to grasp all of the concepts I had laid out for him.  I felt guilty that it was so little time, but should I?  He did everything the curricula asked of him...Can a public school day really boil down to an hour of homeschool time?

No comments:

Post a Comment